I love Diptic and I’ve been using the app on my iPhone for some time now. It’s really intuitive actually and it can help put all of your photos from one event together in a really cool story-like way. For those that don’t know, here’s what Diptic isn’t:
- It’s NOT an app that’s meant to replace Instagram or your iPhone’s in-built camera app. It’s meant to compliment it.
- It’s NOT just for hipsters. It’s for everyone. Put any images you take together in series of two, three, five, etc. Fancy filters need not be present in your images to do so.
- It’s NOT another social media picture sharing app. Again, it’s just meant to help you sequence your images to help tell a little story with them.
Here’s a sequence I put together a couple of months ago to showcase a spring outfit of mine:
Anyway, they have a contest running right now that is definitely worth telling you about. Here’s the official word from Diptic:
We’re running our first official Diptic contest! The theme is “Tell the Story,” so we’re looking for entries that use Diptic to tell a story. Whether it’s your child learning how to ride a bike, the seasons changing or something funny that happened last night, we want to see how you use Diptic to tell a story with your photos.
To enter, post your submissions to Twitter with the hashtag #DipticTellTheStory. Or, you can email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll post submissions here so everyone can see them. After the contest closes, the Diptic Team will review all entries and announce the winner on June 11, 2012.
Contest Begins: May 10, 2012 at 7 a.m. PST
Contest Ends: June 4, 2012 at 12 a.m. PST
Our judging will be based on:
Creativity, aesthetics, and best interpretation of the theme “Tell the Story.”
The prize for this contest will be an OlloClip, the fisheye, wide-angle and macro lens for the iPhone that fits in your pocket!
- Diptics submitted should have at least 2 frames
- Maximum of 5 entries per person, per contest
- App stacking is okay, but it needs to be clear and obvious that Diptic was used in each entry
- By entering, you agree that you agree to the contest Terms & Conditions.